Tuesday, February 24, 2009

(2) One-of-a kinds...


My daughter...
She spent a while setting up her little store. Stuff to sell: cups of chocolate milk, blank paper and pens so you could pay 50 cents to color your own picture of a fairy. For every car that drove by she flashed her smile and waved her sign. The sign, by the way, was made, for her, by her brother. (I'll have to speak to him about his 4th grade skills at spelling "coloring".) Oh my sweet, unique, precious 6 year old...how could I not go out there and make a purchase?

Clouds...
Meanwhile, the most beautiful clouds silently floated over our house. I'm rather geeky about taking pictures of clouds. I have a growing file of them on my computer. Their silent majestic treks across the sky always leave me in awe of their beauty. And the fact that no two ever are alike. They are like fingerprints, snowflakes, child birth...each one unique, never a repeat. That's why I have to stop and capture their beauty every time, because they'll never show themselves that way again.

1 comment:

Sue Brazelton said...

Tracey,
This is quite an amazing photograph. Didn't see the bird at first, but it sets the scale. Really well done.
Susan