Thursday, February 12, 2009

After school...


As we were pulling into the driveway after school I suggested to my kids that they not waste the sunshine on indoor activities. The rain would be here soon. "Go out and play!" I urged them. They wasted no time. (Like not even stopping to go potty or grab a snack.) 

After riding their bikes, roller blading, etc. Zach gravitated towards more of a hands-on play. Observe: box from recycling bin, dirt from yard, water. Mix till just combined. A regular Zach recipe. I think his 9 year old hand looks like it could be his toddler hand. Makes me smile.

Michaela followed her brother and neighborhood friends into the fields across the street. She was ready to come home when she saw "something" plop into the field grass beside her feet. "What was that mommy?!" There was no convincing her that it was her brother tossing rocks into the grass beside her. 

Just another afternoon in our little life. 




No comments: