Monday, February 9, 2009

Be True

Hello blogger world. Meet Michaela. My beautiful 6 year old. She donned her snow hat today as we were leaving the house and when I rounded the corner to see her ready to go, I let out a little chuckle. Of course I needed to snap a shot of her, this one being quite representative of her personality and all round hammy-ness. There is no snow in the Bay Area, except for the once every 20 year sprinkle we might experience. But the hat was on the hook, next to her jacket, and well, why not put it on?

I had one of those quick thoughts: she doesn't care, she wants to wear her cute snow hat. No self dialogue to talk her out of doing what she wanted to do. Wear her hat, be cute.

In my efforts to take a photo a day I've struggled to stay away from doing people shots (my absolute favorite) because I felt I needed to stretch myself. Maybe true. But honestly, it is people, kids, I enjoy capturing the most. Why am I denying myself the joy of the experience in this challenge? And play to my strengths right? I think I'll stop listening to that inner dialogue that has kept me from doing what I love most.

No comments: