Friday, February 13, 2009

Simple and Sweet



Michaela was invited to a birthday party this afternoon for one of her favorite school friends. From a mother's perspective it was hassle free. Just homespun, simple and sweet. No fancy theme, party tricks, costumes, clowns, magic shows, pony rides. Just a rainy day, little girl, at home celebration. Coloring and stickers. Painting nails. Homemade cake with whipped cream topping. And a king-sized mattress set out on the floor for jumping on and then later resting on as they watched a movie and ate popcorn. Isn't that the best Friday afternoon a little girl could have? 

3 comments:

Lorraine Akemann said...

Hello Tracey! I'm so glad you posted your blog link on Facebook. I've just spent some time on it and the photographs are so touching, I'm grateful that you are letting us in on your talents! Hope you are well! -- Lorraine Akemann

Lorraine Akemann said...

Tracey, I'm grateful that you posted your blog link on Facebook. I've just checked it out, and the photos are just wonderful! What a delight!

Lorraine Akemann

eveapple said...

It sounds just perfect!! That mom is my hero!