Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Super Kid



I love my son.
May I draw your attention to (if you haven't already noticed):
  • the no shirt scooter policy he's adopted.
  • the fact that he's wearing his favorite shorts which are on the brink of being too small and, you can't see it, but his fly is down. Not sure how long it's been that way?
  • the knee-high socks that are actually his dad's. (He is in desperate need of socks and when the ones he has are in the dirty laundry he raids his dad's sock drawer.) I would also like to note that this is how his dad wears tube socks. I've tried to explain to the both of them that it borders on the geeky/but "could be cool" thing. Somedays I think it's just geeky.
  • the pink princess scooter. Sadly, someone stole his bike and scooter and his dad's skateboard. He is without wheels which is tough for the kid who likes to be outside on wheels. (I've been shopping around on Craig's list but if you happen to know of someone needing to dish off a boy's bike for cheap, let me know!)
  • he is ONE wickedly fast scooter-er. Even on the pink princess get up. 
Like I said, I love "the kid". These two pictures just endear me to him. He's nine and his own boss and pretty much enjoys being himself. One unique kid for sure...

3 comments:

Mockabee Seven said...

Loving that first pict! And yes, Jason sports the tall socks with shorts thing. Can't seem to drop it since his soccer years!

Weird, our posts this evening are very similar. :-)

Santa Monica Bred said...

I love his approach. He's a bada** little guy...not caring about lame trends...just wanting to scooter around & enjoy. Good for him. Looks cool to me.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for age nine! I checked out the site for Abbey. Couldn't get through it without tears. I wonder how some people make it in life with loss like this. I will be praying for a miracle for sure. -Krista