Friday, August 28, 2009

Yum, PUNCH!

Nothing like a refreshing, imitation colored fruity punch to round out your basic hamburger on a white bun...on a cheap paper plate. 
It's Friday evening and the neighborhood kids (about 15 of them) have gathered for the promised BBQ. I told my hubby to just go cheap...the kids like the cheap food. (While he was at the store one of them asked me if we were BBQ'ing steak? No. This is a one star restaurant kid.) 
Right now they're all out there in the 100 degree heat, scarfing down their cheap food, cheap drinks, and five kinds of chips. (I did buy a watermelon to instill some nutritional value to the meal.) They're enjoying their punch, and root beer, and each other's company. Before I came in Little Nic looked at me and said, "this is sooooo cool."  Yeah, I think they're enjoying it.
Oooh....Scott just walked outside with the box of ice cream sandwiches...gotta get one before they're swiped up!

(Don't attempt to read the nutrition facts on the back of the can.
I think the "contains no real juice" says it all.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling better. The can is classic and so are all the little red marks on the child's t-shirt!