Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Q: Can you name the snacks these girls enjoyed today?



A: First photo...Doritos Nacho Cheese chips
Second photo..."berry" flavored Fruit Roll-Up

A note about these two snacks:
1. I have been a loyal fan to DNCC's ever since I first had one over 30 years ago.
My loyalty is shown by my chip choice when eating a sandwich. (Crunchy Cheetos come in a close second--but DNCC's taste better shoved into a sandwhich.) However, I have learned that I cannot bring them into my house. I will eat, can eat, the entire bag in one sitting and that is just sick and wrong.

2. I cannot call Fruit Roll-Ups "food". Maybe you can call something "food" when it's just high fructose corn syrup mixed with red food dye and then smeared on a plastic strip of paper, but I simply cannot. (Come on..."berry" flavor?!?)

Which begs the question...
Why am I allowing these girls to eat two very lethal snacks?
1. Gracie brought them over as a "treat".
2. To deny my Bean a chance to make Fruit Roll-Up jewelry would be traumatic.
3. A fun tasty treat every now and then is welcomed.
4. It made for a great picture opportunity, and blog post.

So...my titles for each photo?
"Leaving some for later"
AND
"The many uses for Fruit Roll-Ups"


(And more from these two girls later. I had some fun "shooting from the hip" moments with them that I will post at another time.)

Geez. I'm totally craving Nacho Cheese chips right now...

1 comment:

Lisa Page Rosenberg said...

I haven't said it lately.. but I just adore your photos. Your blog is always a sweet place to hang out.