Friday, April 23, 2010

nothing less than a miracle

Welcome to Friday friend. I am heading out of town for the weekend with some girlfriends and won't be back to Blogland until Monday. So I'm leaving you all with some pictures of my morning that I spent with a family yesterday. Days ago they welcomed a little baby brother into their midst via a very crazy birth story. As I sat down with this beautiful mom and heard the birth story I was in awe, yet again, of how life is precious...a miracle. I will save the details of the story, simply because it would take a few blog pages to write it, but also because it would make you wanna go punch a few nurses at a certain hospital. And I love nurses (really) because I know a few, and their jobs are hard. So instead, as you scroll through the pictures, simply be reminded of how miraculous it is that babies are even born in the first place. That, for most of us, our womanly bodies know what to do when it is time to give birth. And even if our bodies do have trouble, our brains (whether it be ours or the doctor's) are super smart enough to come up with, and fight for, a solution...all to participate in the miracle of birthing life. 


























I titled this one below: 40 Toes






Funny thought I had while editing this picture below: 
We enter this world with saggy, flakey skin, a double chin, poor eye sight, and uncontrollable bowels. We leave this world with saggy, flakey skin, multiple double chins, poor eye sight, and uncontrollable bowels. And somehow it is much more cuter when we are at the start line, rather than at the finish line. (Sigh) Oh to be a baby. 






















I hope you know that your life is nothing less than a miracle.

Have a great weekend.

xoxo

p.s. It was a joy meeting you M family. :)

5 comments:

Eva said...

Aw man. Now I want to have another baby. Really cute.

noellemonique said...

Love all of these. Especially the ones on the bed!!

Mockabee Seven said...

Yay! You met them! (aren't they wonderful?) :-) Great great job! He's beautiful!

stacey said...

What a gorgeous family. I love the "40 toes" pic. (And I'm anxious to hear the rest of the story, being a L&D nurse and all. Tell her to fly in MN for her next baby and I'll make sure and take good care of her!)

melissa@Novel Photographie said...

These are really beautiful and natural. Love them!