Tuesday, August 17, 2010

focus


focus: to concentrate effort or attention on a particular thing; clarify, sharpen, concentrate, pinpoint, converge

When your life vision is blurry it is like a rudder on a ship, it moves your entire body (heart and mind) in an aimless motion of circling and wandering. Loose your focus, loose your direction, loose your purpose. How to regain your focus? Discover the point that you were created to move towards and pinpoint your energy there. (I believe you were uniquely created by a creative God. You do have a purpose!)
 
The horizon is vast and studded with a million points of focus each calling for your attention.  Wisdom, that comes from life experience and prayerful examination, knows which point to focus on and concentrates all of its efforts towards it. When you do, all other points will naturally fall out of focus...sometimes even the good ones. :)

These are truths that I have wrestled with all summer. My kids are back in school today and I will have a little bit of space to find myself, talk with God, and circle back to what I know about who I am and for what he created me (besides being the best mother and wife I can be). I am looking forward to reacquainting myself with my focal point and pinpointing all of my energy towards it.

I know that when I do a clarity of sight will be given to me in return. I need it.



3 comments:

Cramer said...

love the writing here. Great food for thought.. So easy to get wrapped up in meaningless daily stuff and just live in an unfocussed state.. but times of focus feel so much better.

stacey said...

Love this, Tracey.

Have you read the Maternal Lens this week? Yesterday I read a post from Monday and it made me think of you: http://thematernallens.blogspot.com/2010/08/mommy-monday-time-for-reality-check.html

It hit me, especially the bullet points at the end.... You don't have to be a professional photog to be a good photog, it's ok to say "no", building businesses can wait, watching your kids grow can not, we are photographers b/c we love photography....

YOU have been an example of this to me. You inspire me! And I hope now with your kids back in school you will continue to work towards that purpose that you were uniquely created for.

Love and hugs,
S

Anonymous said...

I love this series of images! :)