Thursday, March 3, 2011

catching memories


Last week, before the snow, Papa took us fishin'.


I love how Bean is so happy she is hopping down the path. 


The sky that day went from cloudy to sunny to cloudy in seconds.
The glare off of the lake was blinding.
(I was able to capture a more subdued moment here.)



Papa has been doing this all his life. (I wrote more about him a couple of days ago.)
I have never been able to stomach this part so we let Papa do what he does best.


Loved that Bean did her own hair.
She is sporting her fishing ensemble: pony tails, with her pink baseball hat.
This girl knows how to dress appropriately for the occasion.




I do believe this was once my tackle box. Now my son uses it.


This is The Kid, with his "fish finder", though it didn't really improve his luck.


He was good at this...


And sort of good at this...
(Such a good exercise in slowing down and practicing patience.
Everyone should go fishing at least once to know what it is like to wait like this.)




I would like to report that we caught some fish, but I cannot. Because we did not.
I would have loved to capture that moment, but alas we were "skunked".
Which in fishin' terms means...we caught nothin'.
Unless you count a couple of sticks and some lake grass?

However, we did catch some time with Papa and memories that will last forever.
Which, is so much better than some stinky fish. Right?


Thank you Papa for taking us with you. We love you.



6 comments:

Juliette said...

look at you and your reflected watermark! =P

love it -I have fond memories of fishing with my own papa.

stacey said...

I noticed the reflected watermark too! You are just too clever.

These photos make me want to go there and go fishing. What a beautiful place.

And I love Bean's hair. I think she's getting close to Evie's length, if not longer.

Eva said...

Love these shots. They are the kind of pics you treasure for a lifetime.

stephanie said...

These are beautiful, once again! Except the worm ones:) What great memories you have captured.

Skeller said...

oh my goodness. what a spectacular, eye-candy-filled morning. hard NOT to see/sense God in such a place. (is it Uvas?!?)

I bet the kids had a blast!!

penandview said...

@Skeller...Coyote Park, on the east side of the freeway. It was the first time I had been there. Beautiful! You can even camp there.