Wednesday, March 30, 2011

my little umbrella adventure


Last week I shared this photo...


Today I will share some others that I snapped while on my creative weekend escape I took with my art group. It was a stormy weekend so I had to take advantage of the lulls in the rain when I could. I dressed my camera in a plastic bag, borrowed a rain coat, and went out with my friend to exercise my creativity.
(Photo note: I also got to exercise my creativity when it came to editing. I usually love a good clean photo, but some of them were just too fun not to play with.)









God bless my sweet friend: she had left her boots out by the back door overnight so when she went to go put them on the second day they were full of water! She wore them anyway, for me. She was a true model.




And there she is smiling at me on her way back up the stairs to the beach house. I thanked her that weekend, but I want everyone to know how thankful I am that she was willing to walk up and down the beach for me, leap through the waves a million times, sacrifice her dry feet for me. 

Look at her...I hope she knows how beautiful she is both in body and soul. I wish you all knew her so you could agree. :)



6 comments:

Juliette said...

I love these, especially the 'flying' one -great shots!

Katherine Schultz said...

SO so good! Love them all. I adore the beach in winter! I think i'll try a shoot this winter :)

K xx

Unknown said...

I love the action of the waves and her running with the umbrella. How fun for you to take these.

stacey said...

So fun, Tracey. Love the second to the last one with her up in the air. What a great friend.

susan said...

what fun for both of you, really. i would think that doing the boots and umbrella job while jumping through the waves might be a bit of fun as well as clicking the shutter. here's to friendship and all that it means! as usual, i loved, loved, loved the fotos : >)

Skeller said...

ohmygoodness!!! were you squealing with joy after each capture?!? i have favs: #1&2: for simple strong composition, multiple ways to "read" the b/w, silhouette AND reflection, yum...
#4 - playful, quirky, movement
#7&13 - for the sun peeking thru, the wide-angle perspective, and the shadows
#14 - ooh, love. strong, intentioned-looking walk, movement in both boots & jacket
#15 - Mary Poppins !?!? :-)
ooh, wait, did I just pretty much fav them all? yup, yup I did. :-)

ps. mega congrats on the Explore!