Friday, April 8, 2011

the end of a week


This was a small irresistible snap shot I had to take. A bright spot in my crazy week. I always melt when I see those chunky cheeks and baby legs. When and why do we stop admiring the pudgies? Can't they always be cute?

I took copious amounts of this little chick and will share them later. But for now I am signing off with a Friday random list of observations about my week. I'm doing this because I know you care.
  • I think I drove several hundred miles in the span of three days this week. I really don't want to visit another gas station for awhile. California gas is up to $4.17. Somewhere, someone (whomever is in charge of these gas prices) needs to be put on a time-out.
  • My daughter just went through a major growth spurt and I am now acknowledging that this pre-pre-teen thing is killin' me. I have seen the word "irrational" taken to new heights.
  • On the brighter side, I discovered that I can make my own microwave popcorn. Mix 1/2 cup of popcorn with 1/2tsp of oil, put into a paper bag, fold over and tape, and microwave for 2- 3 minutes. Smother with some melted butter and salt. Cheap!
  •  I love Chipotle's burrito bowls. And talking with an old friend/cousin for two and a half hours in Chipotle while eating one of the Chipotle burrito bowls. 
  • Do not open the front door when your son has strung together bungee cords and attached them to your front door knob and the front yard tree. Make sure you remind him to clean up the squished lemons off of the street, the ones that were catapulted there from the bungee cord sling shot.
  • The gluten-free banana muffins I make are better than the normal kind but...
  •  ...bananas give me reflux. I never knew this until a few months ago. Every time I think I can surely eat a banana muffin I stand corrected by the miserable sore throat that follows.
  •  I am in denial over this reflux discovery. I love bananas and I keep making muffins. Weep with me will you?
  •  I knew that if I washed my car that it would rain, but I washed it anyway...and it rained.
  •  Calendars are good and useful tools if you look at them. All Monday I thought it was Tuesday. It was not. But wouldn't that have been nice if it had been true?
  • Seeing this man's photo work reaffirmed that I want to do what he does. I just need to be single and not have children and be willing to take lots of malaria pills and experience crazy traveling conditions. But maybe some day? (I cried through most of his pictures.)
  • My kids are hilarious. The Kid thinks that playing ball-wall in the house is not annoying.  He also laughs when I scold him for putting his feet on my pillow. Bean believes I am torturing her when I ask her to clean her room. Laughing hysterically.
  • I love Friday's. I love a weekend that is wide open. I love being done with a crazy week and feeling like I accomplished stuff. 
  • I love baby pudgies, but not my own. I will never take a picture of mine and blog about them. You are very welcome. Have a happy weekend.


7 comments:

LeAnna said...

Blog hopped here via Kendra - your photography is gorgeous, chubby baby fat and all (seriously, when does it go from cute to repulsive???) - sorry to read about the reflux. My Hubby just had an endoscopy and it showed severe damage from the past 2 years he's suffered with reflux. Don't let it go too long without treatment!
Great blog!

Christine said...

I needed to read this post tonight. Thanks, Tracey. Perfect randomness.

stacey said...

I love random.

I also love Chipotle. Love it.

I can't wait to try the microwave popcorn!!!

The reflux discovery stinks. I am weeping with you.

Calendars shmalenders.

I looked at those photos of that photographer when you gave me that site a bit ago and looked at them again tonight. Maybe someday when our kids are a little older we can go on an adventure.

Love these cute photos. My kids had rolls like these. I miss them.

Happy weekend, friend.

georgia b. said...

i SO love chipotle's burrito bowls, too!! yum.

hmmmm... bananas give you reflux? that makes me wonder what your blood type is. i know bananas are against my blood type, and they sometimes do a number on my system, too. now i'm curious if your blood type is the same as mine.

have a super weekend {sans bananas!}.
=)

Erika said...

Ah crap. Now I'm craving a burrito bowl. I wish they were open for breakfast.

Skeller said...

my random comments:

lotsa driving + gas prices = not fun.

if you think the pre-pre-teen stuff is killin' you, you don't even want to know the teen stuff that I don't include in my blog. oy. blech. so ready for a new stage ...

snorted all over my computer as I read about your son's door gadget ...

weeping with you. banana bread is yummy.

ah see, I KNEW there was a reason I hadn't bothered to wash my van these last several weeks.

I'll return the favor by not posting MY pudgies ... ;-)

now I'm off to visit the photographer you linked.

Blessed Sunday to you and your hilarious family :-)

Cecily R said...

I'm pretty sure it might be unpatriotic of me, but I've never been to Chipotle.

My youngest bungee cords our bathroom door to the towel rack all the time. It's annoying. And oddly cute, too.

Those legs are delicious.