Thursday, June 2, 2011

linked: in the backyard


There is a girl in the backyard...


...who is waiting for Summer to arrive. 



She waits with her new summer shorts on...


...ready to feel the warmth of Summer's rays on her winter skin. 


She longs for the days of no shoes...


...to know the freedom of her bare feet, in the backyard.


There is also a girl in the backyard who is t-i-r-e-d from the school year...


...ready for sleep-in days and no homework, no daily schedule to wear out her little self. 


Yes, there is a girl in the backyard who is patiently waiting for Summer to arrive.


Oh how I hate to break it to her, but her first full weekend of summer vacation looms before her with dark clouds, rain showers and cold temperatures. She thinks she lives in sunny California but I may have to tell her otherwise because this is the most depressing start to summer vacation we have had in a long time. (Yes, I am full-on whining.) Geez, we were all just looking forward to wearing our shorts, and bare feet, feeling the kiss of the summer sun on our skin. I guess we will just have to look back upon these pictures from this past week to get our fill of sun because these are the ones I took on one of our only sunny moments we experienced in the past few days. The weather has indeed been maddening this past week. (Rainy day recess on the last week of school?? Why yes.)

My blog link up partners, Stacey and Michelle, suggested a theme of "in the backyard" for our link up post this week. I am so glad I took advantage of the sun we had and captured Bean out roaming. The pictures from my posts this past week are all from this same day. (I would like to point out that I was not lazy this week with my picture taking, I was simply needing to be efficient with my time as I finish this last long week of full time work. And I was doing a dance with the weather.)

So go check out Michelle and Stacey's take on the theme and leave them some comment love.
For Michelle's June 2 post, click here.
For Stacey's June 2 post, click here.

And if you are in a sunny part of the world this weekend, think of me wearing my winter clothes, curled up on the couch in front of a fire. I know that sounds pretty nice right now, but it's JUNE...in California...and we Cali people can be such wimps when it comes to "extreme" weather. :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll trade you any day! It's in the nineties here in Virginia. I tend to be whiny when the weather goes to the opposite extreme of yours.

I love the photos. You have an excellent way of making the ordinary look extraordinary. An adorable daughter helps, too. :)

Praying for warmer weather your way and cooler weather my way!

Andrea said...

We are also waiting for summer. They are predicting temps in the low 80s this weekend. I'll believe it when I see it. It's been the coldest, wettest spring in years. Blah!
Hope you get warm weather soon!
:-) a.

stacey said...

I love the one of her playing with her hair.

And for once it will be nicer in MN than in Cali? It's supposed to be lovely here this weekend and I'm going to be at work for 36 hours. Look who's whining now. :-)

You have nearly made it with your long stretch of full time work! Enjoy your weekend and start to your summer vacay. xoxo

Angela Chandler said...

:( Summer is getting a late kick off here :( Love the shorts pictures though! Great perspective!

MrBob2UBuddy said...

"Could be worse. Could be raining." - Young Frankenstein