Friday, February 20, 2009

48 Hours Part 2...







Wednesday morning we woke up to a beautiful blue sky and a blinding carpet of snow. The next 48 hours looked something like this:

Eat
Play in the snow
Eat snow
Sled race
Roll massive snow balls in the 8 feet of powder
Ride snow mobiles (get royally stuck)
Dig hot tub out of snow 
Eat lunch around the fire pit
Dry off
Watch High School Musical 2
Back out to the snow
Sled some more
Eat more snow
Ride in the Ranger (get royally stuck)
Eat

There were some good times and laughable moments. Like spending an hour digging the Ranger out of the powder. (What a great idea following the snow mobiles?) And watching our kids crash and burn down the sled runs. (My how bendable they are!) I also had a day to catch up with an old high school friend (those are her twin daughters). We found ourselves picking up right where we had left off.  When all was said and done I took 617 pictures in 4 days.  I haven't even really gone through all of them. I may have to post more. 

Yes, it was good time had by all.


p.s. I'd like to say here to my hubby...you did a great job with digging out the hot tub so you could spend 20 minutes in it with your daughter.  And the snow steps you made up to it? Way cool. The love of a father is priceless.

2 comments:

Sue Brazelton said...

Tracey, I've been following your blog. Looks like you and your family have a lot of fun together.

Lorraine Akemann said...

Blue skies and lots of fresh powder. Sounds magical! Looks magical too!