Thursday, February 26, 2009

Remnants


Frankly I don't have time to be taking pictures today. Instead of relying on an excuse I decided to take advantage of the few moments I had to just walk out my door and take pictures of some of the first things I saw. 

Exhibit #1: my son's crusty flip-flops.
Exhibit #2: the unwound hose still lying on my driveway...left there, yes, by my son.

I won't take too much of your time to describe how yesterday afternoon he and his two buddies got completely (happily) crusted with mud in the field across the street, came home and "washed" themselves off with the hose. Which, you might already know, means getting (happily) thoroughly soaked...all within minutes of needing to head off to some Cub Scout event. If there was a scout badge for "Dirt Play" my son would have (happily) achieved it light years ago. Anybody out there with boys know that it is just plain impossible to keep them away from dirt. Oh, and hoses.

And it's just plain impossible to get them to clean up after themselves. As a mother I am daily (unhappily) finding the remnants...

No comments: