Friday, March 27, 2009

Enjoy it while it lasts!



Today I would like to take a moment and immortalize the two living, green, and flowering things that are residing in my home.  Because for all my talk of loving flowers and spring and new life...I royally bomb at taking caring of potted house plants. Evidence below...


It's not that I don't care, because I do. I am just not gifted nor experienced with indoor living things. I have friends that have carried potted plants from move to move since college (you know who you are) and I have a mother that could never ever, and I mean never, throw any browned and withered plant away if there are any signs of green life left. (And believe me, she can nurse those things back to vibrant life--puts me to shame for tossing them away so easily.)
 
But me...I have killed orchids, kid's seedling projects, numerous potted flowers given to me, and even simple ivy plants. Geez, who can kill ivy?! Outside gardens and veggie plots...those I can do. Cut flowers in a vase...that too. But heaven forbid I should be able to keep a simple green thing alive in a pot in my home. Maybe it's the over watering? Under watering? Or perhaps placed in the wrong light? Or just the fact that I get busy and forget them? 
So take one long look at these two because it ain't long before they'll find a home in plant heaven. I'm just going to admit it now........ they are toast.



p.s. unless Mom, you'd like to rescue them?


No comments: