Saturday, March 21, 2009

Just documenting





First off, please forgive me for the lack of photo creativity today. I am still in my pj's, it is yucky outside, and I merely posting for documentary purposes.
Last night, while my hubby was assembling our new desk, Michaela immediately discovered the big packing box that it came in and snagged it for her "house". Zach, a few mental seconds behind her, worked a deal to "make a house together." Employing his engineering capabilities, he set to cutting and taping and erecting a structure worthy of the two of them.  Michaela made the door knob and labeled their "hos", and also added some of her feminine touches. (She wanted to tape pieces of candy to the outside but I think Zach vetoed that idea.)
I would like you to take note of several things: the address flagged to the roof, along with the cross denoting that God lives there too, also the his and hers tv's and remote, oh and the well placed shelves.
Please also note the absolute disaster that was left in the wake of their construction. I am holding my breath. Minutes before the action began my family room was perfectly clean. Sooooo clean and nice and clutter free. Oh well. The hours of pure creative engagement and fun that it provided was way more important than my need for clean........right?

2 comments:

Zerlindatar said...

Yes, you are so very right. I enjoyed the photos and the stories. They took me back to my childnood. In the 50s we got our 1st TV. I was so excited over the box that the antennae came in. It was my long square tunnel. I was playing in it in the back yard when my parents came to ask "Don't you want to see our TV?" I told them I would be in later. Your children are lucky to have a parent who encourages their imagination.

Zerlindatar said...

You are so right! Good for you for letting your children's creativity have full reign. Your story took me back to my childhood in the 50s when we got our 1st TV. I was in the back yard playing in the long, long box the antennae came in and my parents were urging me to come in and see the TV. "Later" I said. I was in my tunnel and I had seen TV before (at the neighbors).