Monday, March 16, 2009

Sickies

I have a sick little girl at home today. Your basic fever, cough, runny nose, etc.  She'll be home tomorrow as well. School rules: gotta be "fever-free" for 24 hours. I should be thankful, this is the first real sicky she's had in a long time as our family stays pretty healthy year round. (knock on wood)
But this is the week to not get sick. Lots of appointments, running around, and a major fundraiser that I am helping with at the kid's school is this Friday. Of course, right?
So we took some time today to sit in the sunshine. She was showing off her newly painted toes and I asked her if she wanted me to take a picture of her handiwork. That brought a smile. 
I'm off to be an audience to her finger puppet show. We have a mini-theater and loads of puppets (thanks to Omi) and she pulls it out now and again. I wish you could hear her right now--her little puppet voices floating down the stairs, practicing for their big show.
It's curtain time...

No comments: