Sunday, April 26, 2009

Works of Art...

...found in my mother's back yard rose garden. 
Those last two center petals taking their time in opening up. 
Revealing yourself is a delicate matter...

...kinda like displaying one's work, for the first time, in an "art show". 
The theme of my three pieces was "fearfully and wonderfully made"--part of a verse found in Psalm 139. These three special needs children (Ashton, Annie, Aiden) were all born with a host of issues that could fill a book. Today they thrive in their own way, a testimony to the works of precious art that they are.

I still feel as if I have sooooooo far to go in my learning process but today was a reminder to myself that setting a goal (such as joining an art group with an art show date) is one way to apply the pressure. :) Because posting to a blog is one thing (how easy to hide behind my computer screen), but displaying myself in public is another. I struggle with feelings of worthiness. (Ha! the truth comes out!) I'm sure you can all empathize...we are our own worst critic. And no amount of compliments or accolades will change that. I am the only one that can dismantle that warped train of thought. And I'm working on it.   

3 comments:

Santa Monica Bred said...

The rose shot is beautiful. I'm not into roses normally--don't love the smell & the petals are too out of control messy for my liking. I'm more of an orchid kinda person. But, your shot of this rose make me love them. It's beautiful.

Awesome that you put some your work in an art show!!!

Mockabee Seven said...

So proud of you! And I love that shot of Ashton. I'm glad you were finally able to showcase them. :-)

Life with Annie said...

The combination of those three photos are exquisite. Definitely God-inspired. I love it how the boys are in blue and Annie is in pink. Those three shots fit together perfectly. I can't wait to read what the other Moms wrote! I cried just seeing the shots together on the blog. I can't wait to see them in person.

I love the A-team photos! Did you think it was an accident that their names all started with an "A"?

You did an excellent job allowing the Holy Spirit to work through you to bring God's message of being "fearfully and wonderfully made" to others. It clearly has God's fingerprints on it - expressed through your artistic talent. Stunning work!

Lori
Annie's Mom