Saturday, April 25, 2009

Cool!

Look what the boys found! While Zach was earning money weed-wacking the dense weedage going on in our "void of a landscape" back yard, he and his dad discovered this molted reptile skin. The question is: lizard or snake? I wouldn't be surprised at either one, our backyard is a haven for God knows what.
But I have a preference. I'd much rather tell everyone that this is a snake's skin. Because a little known odd fact about me is that I really really like snakes. Well, not the poisonous ones but all the other cool ones, yes. 
Another equally odd fact about me is that I really do not like scaled creatures with legs. (My girlfriend once asked me to feed their bearded dragon while they were on vacation and I about died--even the grub worms I fed it were disgusting.) So yes, I know, it's rather odd of me to be biased towards scaled leg-less creatures.  I've gotten many a weird look over this. Questioning puzzlement. Sure, I can kinda see that it is odd, but seriously, it is the truth.  Here's a closer look...
Other fun notes that I need to document here:
First picture--note Zach's shorter hair. I told him that I am having a hard time getting used to it. I keep waiting for the "other Zach" to come back. Like he traded places with his long haired twin.  (You can see him with his long hair here.) I also love that you can see a faint glow of his crystal blue eyes. He's always had the best eyes.

Also, sad to say, no more pictures of random weeds. They've been hacked to stumps. Who knows what ecosytem we destroyed out there today. The bugs, snakes, lizards, birds, butterflies all of them left to find another habitat.

No comments: