Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The first of many

We went to the beach today--this being the first of many this summer. By noon the sun came out but the kids never noticed. They were just happy to be there. 


The girls ran and danced. Then they joined the boys who discovered that underneath all that bubbling wet sand were families of sand crabs. The mega-sized mamas were easier to spot, slower to tunnel down into the wet sand, and thus found a new home in the yellow sand bucket for three hours. (I always wonder what tales they tell when they are released to dig home and describe their capture, their yellow prison, and the others they met there...)


I love the smooth untouched sand and the imprint of my presence I leave behind before any others add to it. Here's M using the canvas to write her name.


We cleaned up and piled in the car, making a stop at one of my favorite places. From right to left: vanilla cupcake thoroughly licked clean of frosting before eaten; another v. cupcake eaten from top to bottom; fudgey chocolatey brownie; scooter pie--vanilla frosting and chocolate fudge sandwiched between two chocolate cookies and half dipped in chocolate--yes, a lot of chocolate and he downed it!


Sometimes you just gotta save some frosting for later...just tuck a little up in a nostril and you're good to go! (She's always been the Colettey Cakes but now...I think she's earned the title Colettey Cupcakes.)

We went back to Aunt Lara's house and rested and then headed out to Pizza My Heart. Tuesday's $5 kid's special: make your own pizza and a drink. A big hit.
Needless to say, I was too pooped to bring my camera to PMH. And I'm barely makin' it through this post. And it's only the first of many days like this. Eight more weeks to go!

1 comment:

Lorraine Akemann said...

Hiya! What beach do you go to? You've been busy, lots of wonderful posts. I also like the photo of the red & white summer dress. [ah, and that bikeride from one of my last posts was at Crystal Springs off the 92/280]. Great to see your views!