Saturday, June 13, 2009

Saved

Strike number one:
This morning I had time and reason to get out my camera, but I did not--opting instead to do laundry, clean, go for a walk. All important things but, oh well.

Strike number two:
I had another opportunity to get my camera out at a birthday party, but instead, picked up the party host's camera and used his--capturing the many adorable "pirates" in their eye patches, head scarves, beads and earrings. It was even a momentous occasion for my son who painted his nails for the first time, pink and black. (Obviously real pirate colors.) Shoot, I know, that would have been something fun to post. Yeah, Zach would have vetoed that for sure.

Strike three:
My husband and I took off from the party and headed to the mall to shop for some badly needed work clothes. When he scooted back over to the party to pick up the kids I was left to wander the beautiful outdoor mall with its shady trees, hanging planters, blossom filled urns and water fountains. Ask me if I had my camera... 

Saved:
When I finally met up with my family in the grubbin' Max's Opera Cafe, I made my way up to the hostess and spotted my camera strap hanging off my daughter's shoulder. Michaela spun around to greet me and immediately pushed the camera into my hands, her face lit in an eager smile to capture her painted face from the party "so that you can put me on your blog today mommy!" 
Her one little desire to have her painted face immortalized in digital pixels...her sweet eagerness to help me accomplish my daily task...her excitement to get out the door into the light and strike a pose, or two, or three...all simply saved me.

(Thanks McBean. Love ya. Smooch.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Michaela! You look quite amazing with your face all painted up. I especially love the way your eyes were done.

Mockabee Seven said...

Love this!