Saturday, June 27, 2009

Vacation good times

First Day: Get off the couch you lazy butt, this is vacation! Oh wait, you're right, this is vacation. BUT, the word "bored" is banned from use.


Off to go find a geocache somewhere in Alpine Meadows. (Click here to find your own.) I think we might be going in the wrong direction...


Found it! In an old ski lift operator's booth/shack. Pretty cool. (Though the old shack out in the middle of the forest reminded us all of a another popular Shack.)


Joshy...on his way up for a picture opportunity. I liked the pre-shot best...



Day Two: Bear Pond, near the cabin, complete with Tom Sawyer rafts and poles. A complete boy's dream. They could have spent all day out here.


Adult activity: the crossword. I won't comment on someone's (Aleta) spelling skills (did you just spell who...w-o-o?) No wonder Scott had to come in and clean things up.


Day Three: My 40th bday! We took off for my favorite place, Sandy Harbor, on the northern Nevada shoreline. I've been going there since I was a kid and now my children claim it as their fave too. Crawdad fishing, rock climbing, floating on tubes...


The ONE picture he let me snap. He actually held a pose for two seconds...


Day Four: We went bike riding along the Truckee River. (forgot to add pic here, oh well.) We came back to the cabin and the kids wanted to get back to The Pond. Michaela found a stick and immediately imagined it into a microphone. (Too much Hanna Montana you think?) I took a whole series of these and I am thinking about what I can do with them. (Priceless)


After her performance she thought she'd take a tasty taste of the water. Michaela Hope! Get that water out of your mouth!!


This is the look...the I won't smile, but I will give you a split second look up from whatever I am doing so you can at least capture my face look. The oh so patient tolerance is palpable. (Said with a heavy dose of sarcasm.)


Doing what they do best, what they'd do for hours, what they did not want to leave when I told them it was time to go. 

The next, and last, day, Scott took them back to the pond for an hour while the moms cleaned and packed. We'll be back boys...we'll be back.

No comments: