Sunday, August 23, 2009

My boy. (sigh, roll eyes)

This is my son...
(who clearly needs a haircut)


Who thought it would be "funny" to fling his sock 
at the 20 foot high window.


Yeah. Smart move Maverick.


This is my son, who was told that he couldn't go swimming until he got the solo sock down from its ledge. He employed some clever tricks-- using his clean t-shirt, tied to a string, and flinging it (as well) up to rescue the sock from its perilous perch.


After over a hundred tries and near misses (and might I add, buckets of sweat later) he accomplished his task. And had a total blast doing so. 
(Seriously, it's a boy thing.)


Now, onto his next task after he returns from swimming:
to rescue the lone nerf dart from the 20 foot high window ledge.

(I know it's pathetic that I've lived in this house for over a year and I have: 1) clearly not dusted that window cubby since I've moved in, and 2) I have not painted or hung anything on the walls.
I am working on it.)

3 comments:

A said...

Ha ha! This makes me laugh! So smart to tie the string to it... My first thought was the shirt getting stuck with the sock!

Linda Ayers Tarvin said...

What a great incentive he had to get the sock down. Very clever of you. And I have an idea for your walls. How about if you put up 10 to 12 photos taken entirely from Pen and View during 2009? You could even take nominations from viewers when it gets nearer to January, 2009.

jodie said...

3 things:
1. this post is especially hilarious as i reminisce about my DAD getting the kite caught in the tree when i'm about 8. then using the football to get it down (stuck in tree), then the beach ball (stuck again)...still laughing.
2. as i'm commenting the most amazing song overpowers my iTunes (Adele rocks!)
3. i think linda has a perfect solution: there's nothing like the moment when a guest (in awe) asks "who took these?"