Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Conversation while on the look out for the ice cream man...

Gracie: I brought six dollars with me to buy something from the ice cream man.

Michaela: What kind of ice cream are you going to buy? The Bugs Bunny one like last time?

Gracie: No. (pause) My mom says it's rude to eat animals.

Me interjecting: Really Gracie. I can't imagine your mom saying something like that?

Gracie: No, just kidding. I just can't eat a Bugs Bunny anymore because I can't eat the gum ball eyeballs...you know, because of my new retainer. And what's the point of eating a Bugs Bunny popsicle if you can't eat the eyeballs?

Michaela: Good point.

(Love listening to 7 year old girls converse.)

3 comments:

Lorraine Akemann said...

Great moment! Perfect words.

Anonymous said...

Trace, you are soooo awesome!!! I will be eternally grateful for your talent and the time you take to capture such beautiful memories of our babies:) These pics literally brought tears to my eyes! I am so gratefull for our friendship!:)

Stace

Anonymous said...

oops!!!That would be greatful!:) Ya in a hurry & can't spell!