Sunday, November 29, 2009

sugar no more?

Any body else feel like their diet for the last month has consisted of a daily sugar intake equivalent to a mountain sized pile of donuts?

Every since my kids have been able to trick or treat, the days between Halloween and Thanksgiving are one long sugar-fest...sugar-feast.

By the time I get to Thanksgiving I am so d.o.n.e. with junk, I am ready to go on some major cold turkey type of diet where I only eat raw veggies and drink water, with not a gram of sugar or carb in sight. This is how I felt today.

But then I forget that the view towards the December holidays is so very close so I shrug it all off and tell myself that I can wait till December 26th to go on my sugar fast. 

Oh, but then I remember that New Year's is a week after Christmas and that I usually partake in the gorging of sugar and fat laden treats in the hours leading up to midnight on New Year's Eve--enjoying every calorie.

So it doesn't really pay to go cold turkey today.

Oh phooey.  Someone come please do an intervention.

No comments: