Monday, December 14, 2009

tiny feet

I remember seeing this shot through my view finder and thinking how those little feet were so precious, and soft, and vulnerable. (And I was also diggin' the faded pinks and yellows in the background--perfect for tiny little baby feet.)
Those feet have yet to know how hard the journey can be sometimes. (I am sure they will learn soon enough.) Even so, we work hard to protect our young from having to bare the crosses that they are given to carry, because it hurts us to watch them experience pain.  Yet, I think deep down we know that the tough parts of life are what mold us into the uniqueness of who we are. It is always a fine line we walk with our children: always carrying our children to protect them from the painful, ugly parts of life...or walking with them through the trials so that their feet can learn to walk on their own. So that their own feet can carry the weight of their being with sureness and bravery. 

I pray every day that God gives me the strength to be the parent that chooses the latter. 



2 comments:

Mockabee Seven said...

Seeing this photo just gave me a contraction. :-)

JS said...

i also love the pink and yellow background! fun pic of those precious feet! - erin stewart ;)