Friday, January 22, 2010

A little Hallelujah for the sun!

For a few hours today the clouds broke and a pocket of blue sky floated over our heads. It was wide enough to let the sun's rays rain down on us and our water-logged town. Shortly after the kids came home from school and I would not even let them inside. NO way! Go on and soak up the sun while you can!  So they scurried off to the field across the street to play "house".
Of course I was on their heels with my camera in hand and took so many pictures my fingers were so snap happy. Upon coming back inside I uploaded a gazillion pictures and grabbed the first two that caught my eye. 
The top one looked very contemplative and I felt it needed some editing to reflect that. I have no idea what she was thinking about, but gosh darn, she is beautiful. Below, if you look carefully, you can see that Bean's BFF is caught in my shadow (a nifty little trick I often employ when out shooting in full sun) smiling because she is technically in the "bathroom" that she and Bean built. It's connected to the "kitchen", which is off the main "hallway" of the "house" that these two mapped out in the field grass. 

I will share more of these two and their sunshine play later. As I type, the clouds have once again enveloped the blue sky and have continued their dump of rain. Zach just came in and promptly confessed to riding his bike through the mud--in his new shirt. Seriously? Okay. Deep breath...

No comments: