Wednesday, January 20, 2010

safe inside


Today was another crazy California stormy day...we actually had a tornado alert. What?!?! It was enough for great Grandpa to call me and make sure we were okay. Because, you know, the Bay Area just doesn't get this much excitement! (I did not witness a tornado, or even a funnel cloud, just lots of lightening and thunder that followed.)
My son and I brought home some new "friends" yesterday afternoon. They now reside on my upstairs hallway counter, which sits below two large windows, so the light (I hope) is perfect for them. Though we shall see...my history with indoor living things is not good. My son was excited, however, to care for them as he loves plants.  (Grammy, aren't you proud?)
So today as the weather outside stirred and ravaged the landscape, our little friends sat serenely in their window and watched it all.  And I was glad to be inside with them.


3 comments:

Umā said...

Beautiful plants - and photos!

Jenny said...

What photo editing software do you use?

penandview said...

Jenny--I use a version of Photoshop Elements that a friend bought for me. :) Someday very soon I will make the jump to Photoshop as I am beginning to see where I need it. But Elements is a wonderful and powerful little editor. It's kind of a good place to start...