Friday, April 30, 2010

staring down May


Uh yeah, this pretty much sums up how I feel when I look at my calendar and see my crazy month of May.


I feel like I am at the bottom of the slide and someone is barreling down behind me about ready to collide with my topside. Like a frantic dream, I am glued to the bottom and cannot get off quickly enough. 


Let's see if I can come up with some other similes that convey how I feel...

It's like I just stuffed myself with appetizers and dinner and a massive portion of a fudge brownie ice cream sundae (that was my April) and then someone held a gun to my head demanding that I eat another fudge brownie sundae. Can't. Take. One. More. Bite.

No no no, not good enough. Let's see...

It's like I am tied to the tracks and I can see the train coming a mile off, the faint toot of its horn warning me of my impending disaster. (Where is my rescue?!)

No, that's a little melodramatic.

It's like I'm Dorothy, running through the pasture with the tornado on her back, looking for some way to find shelter.

Dumb? It's super windy here so naturally that is where my brain went.

Okay, I suck at similes.

Anyway, anybody feel that way about May? Wanna add your own simile?

Why is spring so crazy?? I wrote a list of all my May activities, tasks, responsibilities and just wanted to go run and hide, throw my hands to my face, stick my head in the sand. So much to do, so many places to be! It truly challenges my introverted nature. It kills me that my favorite Real Simple magazine is sitting on my night stand and I cannot get to it. It is a practice in perspective for this die hard introvert to look at each day and take it one at a time and realize that each event, job, is really not that bad. In fact, they are all going to be enjoyable. (Well except for maybe one task, but I will choose not to see it as the black dot on the large piece of white paper.) I need to just close my eyes and take a deep breath and step into this month with the assurance that I will get through it. All will be well.

It...might...actually...be fun? (baby step at positive thinking)



And if your month of May is as crazy as mine then maybe we can hold hands and walk through it together. Sometimes you just need to know that you are not alone.

Hey, have a happy Friday!  

xoxo  
(Smooch, hug, smooch, hug...that's what me and the Bean say.)

********************


p.s. Such a random tangent. I had to laugh at this girl when taking her picture. Just a week ago I was chuckling at her shirt. Remember this? This girl really knows how to wear it like you mean it. 




No comments: