Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Umbrella Outtakes...Oh JOY!

The following are left overs from our umbrella time. This one below...I know she is my daughter, but I think she is the most beautiful Bean on this planet, inside and out.  I do love her so.

And these pictures below...a testimony to her Bean-ness. As I was looking at these, my memory flashed before me scenes of her as a baby: smiley and joyful, easy (except for the sleep thing), and relational. She would smile at anyone, anything, a doorknob. She would beam a smile at you from across the room when you walked by. In her toddler years that smiley disposition developed into a sense of humor that caught us off guard. Knee slapping laughter. Nights of trying to make her big brother laugh after we put them to bed in a shared room. Where did this come from? Maybe she inherited some of her dad's wit, or Papa's corniness? When we review old videos we are reminded of how early she caught onto the understanding that laughter engages people. And she is, to this day, fond of being with people. (Dinner time is social hour, she is the last to clean off her plate.)  As she has grown older she has become quite articulate, and hilariously frank.  She is a sensitive, soft, tender, and emotive soul, blended together with a kick of comedic relief that still catches us off guard. As I write this I wonder if all parents think their child is the funniest creature on the earth? Perhaps so. But now that I pause and reflect,  I realize that Bean is just a joyful joyful creature. And that joy bleeds out the seams and cracks of her skin. 

She is still that baby that smiles at life, because she believes that life is worthy of her joy.


I am so blessed to be her mama.

No comments: