Monday, August 2, 2010

Light


I said, "Bean, sweet Bean, will you please let Mama take a picture of you here under the dock? The light is too beautiful and I do not want to miss the chance to capture you in it."

She said, "Yes Mama, you can take a picture of me."

I situated her in the yummiest spot I could find and she gave me this moment. This tilt of her head and the slight smile framed by her freckles.

Is not this light the most beautiful light? Is she just not the most beautiful thing standing there in it? (I didn't even really edit this photo, I loved it just the way it was.)

Light is divine. It really is. It reveals, illuminates, exposes, permeates. When we stand in it, walk in it, speak in it, it gives us beauty in return.

So when someone invites you into it do not miss the chance to be captured by its sweet touch.
 
You want to be beautiful? Let the light find you this week. 

Happy Monday. xoxo


6 comments:

Santa Monica Bred said...

Wow, this is good! Deep, arty, & meaningful. Feel like I just drank a fresh glass of orange juice!

Tanya said...

What a lovely message to kick off the week, beautiful reminder.

Tanya said...

What a beautiful reminder, lovely way to kick off the week.. I needed that. :)

Lisa Page Rosenberg said...

Truly beautiful...
And The Bean looks to me as if she has grown up so much this summer.

stacey said...

Lovely, Tracey.

Tami said...

Perfection.