Friday, September 17, 2010

coming full circle

Five years ago we moved to our new little town. As you can guess, everything was new new new: friends, roads, grocery stores, schools. My son was only five (I know, he's grown so much!) and just beginning his first grade year at school. After leaving his previous wonderful kindergarten class in our old town I was nervous, scared, and emotional about beginning a new school. Note, I was. My projected motherly feelings that I placed on my son were probably not as true to his own but nonetheless, he was a bit nervous as well. On the day of "meet and greet" I held his hand as we walked onto the new school campus and then through the doors of his first grade classroom. Our eyes landed on Mrs. S. She was beautiful, smiley, sweet, welcoming, gentle, and instantly like-able. Her room was colorful, clean, fun, organized.

I burst into tears. I probably ran into in her arms but I was such a mess I don't remember anything else.

So here we are, five years later.
Meet Mrs. S (still beautiful, sweet, and gentle as ever) and her family...

 
We left the house and walked over to a nearby park. 
I had to include this shot below just because I loved Little Guy looking back at me.
These last two pictures were our walk on the way back home. Little Guy insisted on pushing his own car, like-nobody-else-touch-it-or-I-will-have-a-royal-melt-down-if-you-do. 
 Note dad in the picture on the left: What?! I didn't touch it?
 

And that my friends is a brief story of our time together one afternoon, five years after we met.
How fun to capture Mrs. S's Little Guy with his coffee-colored eyes and amazing head of hair, and his big personality. Such a privilege to give back to one of my son's first teachers.
The sweet circle is complete.

Happy Friday!
xoxo

6 comments:

stacey said...

Beautiful family, story, and photos.

And I think I let out a little squeal (for real) when I saw that last pic with the shadow. Love it.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

Tracey,
Thank you for capturing these moments for us!
Unforgettable!
Michelle

Sonya said...

Gorgeous photos. As always! I truly admire your artistic eye capturing moments so creatively. Would you please share what lens did you use for the photo shoot? I love the bokeh.

penandview said...

@Sonya,I use the Canon 24-70 2.8 lens. It is a nice lens I must say. :) The 50 1.2 is also wonderful if you are looking for a prime lens.
Hope you are well!
Tracey

Skeller said...

Oh, Tracey! What a treasure you've given this darling family. Such sweet, fun images. And that last shadow shot? - totally put a smile on my face!!

libbie said...

oh my isn't that little boy just scrumptious.