Friday, April 22, 2011

umbrella friday (or random friday)


Last night we were eating dinner at a shopping mall food court (good times) and Bean turns to me and says...

Mom, you know how I've always wanted to be a teacher when I grow up? Well I'm thinking that I might want to try and be the President.


Imagine her saying this while eating a Cold Stone cup of chocolate ice cream, with gummy bear mix-ins, while holding her new lady bug Pillow Pet that her grandma just bought her. (The matching lady bug slippers were in the bag next to her.)

This girl's got big dreams people.

So since last Friday I mentioned that I've got a collection of umbrella photos that haven't been shared and I thought I would make these next couple of Fridays "umbrella Friday". I'm doing this because I often feel left out of the photo blog/flickr theme cliques that do "Thursday, Bench Day" or "Bokeh Tuesdays" or "Fix-it Fridays". I'm starting my own friends. You can join me. Or not. Whatever.

On another completely random note. I was on my mom's and dad's computer last night and I went to go fix something on the blog and when it came up I was horrified by the quality of my pictures on their computer monitor. Mom, Dad, if you are reading this...

You need a new computer monitor. 

Which then makes me a little concerned about what other people see when they come here to this blog? I just assumed that everyone has a fantastic Mac monitor like me and that every photo (whether mine or someone else's) looks fabulous.

Have I been living in La La Land?

Please don't comment if this is true. I'd rather live in my own little world.

Anyway, happy Umbrella Friday....or Random Friday. It's all good.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I like the idea of umbrella Friday. :) We get so much rain around here, it'd be an easy theme for me. Then again, natives don't use umbrellas. Odd. Northwest natives use a parka and hood. You can always tell the transplants by the umbrella. LOL.
I'm always worried people will think I'm a copy cat if I participate in one of those these. There are some cool themes out there though.
To answer your question on my blog - I shoot with a Nikon D70s. I use my 50mm f1.8 99% of the time. I'm tempted to buy a 50 1.4, but wonder if I really need one since I have the 1.8. (Also tempted to buy the 35mm 1.8...) Ok, sorry for the novel of a comment.
Happy weekend! And Happy Easter!

stacey said...

Yay! I love umbrella Friday!! :-)

I also LOVE cold stone. My favorite it coffee ice cream with brownies and caramel. Yum.

Love pillow pets! My kids got them for Christmas and at first I thought they were kindof silly....a dumb fad. But, they adore them and use them ALL the time and are fun for traveling in the car. I kinda want one of my own.

Love my Mac. Will never go back.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Let me go bust out my umbrella collection! ;)

And I have a Mac so all pictures look AMAZING to me... however, I'm sometimes surprised when I see my blog on my husband's laptop. Eep!

Relyn Lawson said...

That's a fantastic image and a wonderful umbrella. I adore umbrellas as iconic images, but I never, ever carry one. Funny...