Monday, April 18, 2011

a welcome distraction

A week or so ago I posted a photo of these chunkalunks...


So before I go on with the rest of the pictures I have to tell you that when my son was born, he was (and still is) a twig. Born three and a half weeks early, at 7lbs and 11oz, I thought he would be a tank. He was always long and outgrowing the normal age appropriate sized clothing, but he never had that delicious baby fat. Bean on the other hand, was born with those yummy pudgies, and the more she grew the pudgier they became. I was obsessed with her little soft legs. I miss them friends! They are now eight years old and still cute, but not the baby cute that I so miss.

So imagine my delight when, in the middle of doing some other photo work, this little one traveled into the back yard through the shared, neighborly fence. I was completely distracted by her cute little bathing suit and little legs, and thoroughly overjoyed to spend the next half hour following her around....







She moved onto the motorcycle and was looking for the "beep beep"....



Done with the motorcycle and making her way over to the ultimate in toddler satisfaction...
The car.



And finally, something that actually had a horn...






It was time for din-din so Daddy scooped her up and handed her off to Mama. 
And I waved goodbye. :(



I went back to my other work and she eventually returned in the comfort of Mama's arms. 
I remember when my kids were small enough to carry them around. I wore out a shoulder with the second child doing this, enough to have surgery and physical therapy for two years. (Another long story.) But I would go back in time just to experience it for a moment, shoulder pain and all.


And thus ends my fun little photographic documentation of my work distraction on that day.
I will leave you with my favorite photo, not of her pudgies, but of her wispy hair and piercing eyes.
Friends, how could I not be distracted from work with a face like this? 


Ok, off to work. I would say that I am open to any distractions,
but my camera is in the hospital so they cannot be of the photographic kind. 
Oh well. :(

Have a great Monday!

9 comments:

Angela Chandler said...

Eeeep! The chubs!! And those eyes!! I just love your creative perspective!

Sara's Servings said...

I love the pic of her feet under the car, "Flintstone" style. Gorgeous!

Amanda said...

Hi Tracey, I found your blog thru my friend, Stacey. You take amazing, beautiful and soulful photos. I am just soaking your blog in...love it.
Hopefully your camera comes home safely and full recovered...but as you said, sometimes a forced separation can be good for everyone. ;) Looking forward to more photos after your sweet reunion. Ha!
-Amanda

Jamie said...

So cute!! I love your photography. <3

Cecily R said...

She is delicious times three.

Heather M. said...

Oh my, these photos are so, so cute. Beautiful job capturing her, Tracey.

Katherine Schultz said...

Oh gosh. She is just so divine, i can see why you had such a great time. Beautiful, always beautiful :)

K xx

stacey said...

Oh so cute.

Andrea said...

Chunkalunks...love that! Cute little girl. :)