Thursday, June 16, 2011

linked: sun (and popsicles)


Happiness is: holding your very own orange popsicle. 


Wait. Better yet, happiness is: the summer sun, kissing your very own popsicle.



Happiness is also: having a friend who will hold your purple popsicle 
while you retrieve a bowl of pretzels.







Happiness is: summer + sun + friendship + popsicles. 



This week I had the honor of choosing the linked up theme with my linky friends Michelle and Stacey. I made a quick decision to honor the start of summer with the theme of "sun" and then I proceeded to spend a week and a half of not capturing it. What was I thinking? What I was not thinking was that "sun" is kind of an ambiguous theme and so I every time I set out to capture it I came home with a "sun fail". Then Michelle announced that her pictures were ready and blog post was written (teacher's pet) and I was beginning to wonder how I was going to pull off this assignment. There was a moment when I considered emailing the gals to tell them that I had failed to complete the task that I had assigned. (What a geek.)

So with some major resolve, I brought my camera with me to Bean's art class/swim time and attempted my sun thing one. more. time.

And then...........some magic happened: the popsicles came out.

And the sun arrived to kiss them all and christen them as the true beginning of summer.

And I snapped away.

And I exhaled in relief.

And now I can say that happiness is: completing my linked up "sun" assignment with seconds to spare.

Now go and visit Michelle's June 16th blog post for her sun goodness. (click here)
And Stacey's June 16th blog post too. (click here)

I am eager to see how they interpreted the "sun" theme!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're just trying to make me feel better about always being the slacker, admit it. ;)

I love these shots... especially the popsicle juice running down her arm. Isn't that just like summer?

Great job getting these done!

stacey said...

I love the sunbursts.

I had a popsicle tonight and thought of you. :-)

Andrea said...

My son saw these as I was looking at them earlier today and immediately wanted a popsicle. (He eats 2 or 3 a day. LOL!) Great sunbursts!
A

Skeller said...

yummmmm. now I'm feeling a serious need for a popsicle (yes, it IS only 730a!!) and some sunshine. of course, it's June in SoCal, so sunshine is hard to find til late afternoon...