Monday, June 27, 2011

stuff I want my kids to know: don't be afraid to wear your Big Birds

 




Kids,

Son, if you really want to know how to attract the ladies then take a cue from your little pal above, and then listen to your mama.

What we're both tryin' to say is: do not be afraid to wear your Big Birds. *

I know this sounds funny, but your underoos really do have secret powers (sort of). Batman and Robin knew this, and most super heroes would also agree. You see, on their own, the Big Birds do not have the secret powers until you have the confidence to put them on. The magic happens when you decide to wear them regardless of what you believe the girl might think. It's all in how you carry yourself. And how you carry yourself is directly linked to how you value yourself. (Which I hope you know, of course, how valuable you are.)

Before you get too embarrassed, please know that I am not at all trying to sound suggestive. I am simply stating a fact, that there is nothing more attractive to a woman (well, at least this woman) than a man who carries a humble, quiet confidence in his approach to life (and his wardrobe). There is an indistinguishable, attractively good power that a man can possess when he is able to carry himself with a spirit of humility and a calm belief in himself. In other words, a man who does not need to prove himself by telling you he is wearing his expensive, flashy Big Birds.

And Bean, if you ever meet a man that needs to prove himself to you via outlandish displays of money, accomplishments, expensive clothes...who likes to fluff his feathers..who is unable to wear humility with honor...who scoffs at the man who wears Big Birds...then turn around and run for your life. He is not yet worthy of you.

Understood?

Okay, to sum it all up:

Son, if you have Big Birds and you love them, wear them with quiet confidence. You will possess an attractive confidence that will drip with magic.

Bean, if you meet a man that needs to show off his Big Birds, or laughs at the man who would dare to wear them--walk away. He needs more time to grow into a man.

Mom
xoxo

p.s. A real man also knows when to keep his pants on.


*Note I did not say, wear your Big Birds, I am just sayin' that you should not be afraid to wear your Big Birds. And when I say "attract the ladies" I am jesting. I know that embarrasses you, it's just that I cannot help but saying it when I look at these photos. :) 

7 comments:

Jarod said...

Hilarious. Thanks for this one, Tracey. Made my day.

elise said...

love it!

Stephanie said...

oh my, I loved this:) Thanks for sharing!

Jamie said...

Perfect, incredible advice. I agree 100%. <3

Andrea said...

Thanks for making this stuffy-nosed, red eyed, allergy disliking gal chuckle today. All such great, simple advice. a.

Skeller said...

Tracey - I love your words as much as your pictures. :-)

The Isaacs said...

LOL! I can't count the number of times I've had to tell Jeremy to pull up his pants already- and never once did I think, "I should take some pictures of this!" That's priceless (made funnier of course by your post!)