Thursday, June 30, 2011

stuff I want my kids to know: your life is a gift


Kids,

Sometimes I watch your from afar and I am overwhelmed with love for you. I pray that you come to know just how much your life is a gift, stretched out before you with endless possibilities. Imagine yourself as an explorer, embarking on a journey. Only you can make the choices to abundantly live, or squander away, your life as you make your way through the mountains and valleys.

Whether it be in the public eye or in the quiet of your own private struggle, with God's help, you are capable of accomplishing any goal, or working through any obstacle. And you are strong enough to bear any cross. (For there will be crosses to bear.) With him, you possess more strength than you know.

So in good times, climb that rock and stand with the Light on your face and thankfully count your blessings, for there will be many. A thankful heart will always keep your heart in tune.

In difficult times, climb that rock and stand with the Light on your face, humbly take up your sword and shield and set your heart and mind to the truth that you are a warrior. A good warrior who is deeply loved by a sappy mama and a good God.

Mom
xoxo


(My Picture Inspiration theme this week was to capture "exploration". Couldn't help but capture this little explorer with his shield and sword, looking out over the valley below him.)

5 comments:

Jamie said...

I'm loving these posts. <3

The Isaacs said...

AAAAAAAHHHHH! You can imagine my delight in seeing this particular post today! Thank you so much- the picture is even more significant with the post you wrote- beautifully written... what a wonderful reminder and encouragement for all of us about how to live LIFE!

Andrea said...

This one had me crying in my macaroni and cheese at lunch. Even us big kids need the reminder that - I can accomplish any goal, and that I am loved in the difficult times. Very timely, as I am struggling with a few things right now. Thank you, Tracey!

Larissa said...

great picture, Tracey!

i can share your feelings very good...

elizabeth said...

love this post today - and the picture goes along perfect with it