Wednesday, July 13, 2011

a little affirmation


Excavate the depths of my photo files and you will find that most of them are of children.

I love children.
I love to capture their littleness.
I love to capture them unaware, just inhabiting their space.
I love to capture their profiles.
I love to capture their goofy sides.
I love to capture my reflection in their eyes.
I love to capture the proof of their infinite beauty and uniqueness.

So is it any wonder that I am forever trying to throw my photographic arms around them?

This past week my Picture Inspiration assignment was to do a little excavation, to look back at my assignments and show you all what I have discovered about myself through my images.
This assignment was more of an affirmation than a discovery. (Is this really a surprise?)

So today I am showing you what continues to be an affirming, resounding, "yes" in my creative heart: given the choice between a flower, a landscape, a family, a wedding, a baby, or a child, my photographic heart will always draw nearest to the face of a child.

I am a magnet, drawn by the force of their innocence, and charm, uniqueness, and wonder in an unquenchable thirst to capture their worth.


(This is my "niece". She is a ham. A close second to my Bean who is her competitor. She was insistent on me photographing her "O" mouth. So I made sure to get that for her.)


6 comments:

Educational Worksheets said...

Cute lovely kid and awesome photography.

Ashley Sisk said...

Your work inspires me. Love the DOF and the processing. Love.

stacey said...

I do believe you captured that "O" perfectly. :-)

Is it possible to miss you even though I have yet to "meet" you? 'Cause I miss you! xoxo

Heather M. said...

these are so cute. she is a doll and i love that you know exactly what it is you love to capture. it shows because you take the most amazing photos of kids.

Rose said...

I couldn't agree with you more.

Unknown said...

Ink
Nice and cute black and white photos.....