Tuesday, July 12, 2011

still not yet...


After yesterday's post I stumbled across these two photographs...photos that were taken by my mother when we went down to Santa Barbara for a little girls trip a couple of weeks ago.

I am so glad I shoved the camera into my mom's hands and told her, with much encouragement, that yes she could take a good picture. There was a brief moment that my belief in her wavered when I had to show her a couple of times where the shutter release button was located, and she fumbled to hold the heavy camera. But she did it. She actually did it.

And so as I reflect back upon the post like yesterday's, in which I reveal the slightly elevating panic I am feeling over the growth and loss of my little Bean, I see these pictures...

...and I cry.

...and I melt.

Now I know what it means when others say to their children, you will always be my little girl.


She will forever be my Bean. I know I will always see traces of her underneath her skin, in her eyes, and in the way she loves me.

I cannot thank my mother enough for taking these pictures.

10 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

So glad your mother took over the camera. These shots are brilliant!

elizabeth said...

loving this post - and yes sometimes when others have my camera I love to find what they've captured.

Jamie said...

You girls are gorgeous. <3

Juliette said...

darling photos! Tracey, you still look like you're in your 20's!

Andrea said...

Your mom did a great job! Photos to be cherished for a long, long time.

stacey said...

Just left a comment on your last post and now read this one and I'm all teary eyed again. Stop it! :-)

I love seeing YOU in photos. You need to hand off the camera more often, friend. You are beautiful. And I am jealous of your gorgeous skin and hair.

Love these photos of you and your Bean. So very lovely, Tracey. Yes, she will always be your little girl.

Tami said...

BEAUTIFUL!! Both of you!! Love this post ... though it made me think of MY girls growing up. :(

Amanda said...

I love seeing you on the other side of the lens. You both look so beautiful and happy. These are photos you will both cherish for years to come.

Heather M. said...

this made me cry. love your words and love seeing you with your girl and i really love that she still kisses you on the lips. so sweet.

Rose said...

ah, I've been reading through my much-neglected Google Reader this evening and I must say, I saw these images and read the words and became all willy-eyed. In a good way.



Then again, I'm probably just P.M.S.ing...

:)