Monday, July 11, 2011

not yet...


Someday she will be too old to play at the park.
But that someday is not quite yet.
I know it's soon, because there is another person emerging from the skin of her little girlness.
This new girl is a bit more opinionated, more--shall we say--sassy, more self conscious.
I need a manual.
I need an orientation week like they have at school.
I need a laser gun that will freeze time.
I need to breathe in, breathe out.

I am not ready for this.
How do you let go of your little girl?


6 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

I'm not sure you can - my mom may have let go of her little girl, but she gained a best friend.

Andrea said...

I agree with Ashley. My mom is my best friend. We talk at least once a day, if not more often. Don't let go, just hold on tight for the change. :)

Marvett Smith said...

Oh yeah. I know that feeling. I can't let go either. I say hold on! Great shots. Love the light and the perspective!

Skeller said...

I need a manual, too.

Understanding a 14yo boy is ... tough.

Naomi said...

lovely shots, lovely light. and its probably pregnancy hormones but your words make me teary. I dont even have a little girl but lately ive been thinking how i want my 4 year old to stay the way he is forever! just love him right now the way he is, so much. ;)

stacey said...

Okay. Seriously. You need to stop with all these posts that make me cry.

Oh Tracey. Don't ever let go. She'll always be a part of you.