Friday, May 29, 2009

60 Second Lesson

 

 

 
What do two army men, one pulled weed w/ root and a sleeping child have in common? Things my camera and I captured in 60 seconds! 

On this 365 project I am learning...
1) to be open to discovery.
2) to never underestimate that the discoveries can happen literally at my doorstep. (Thank you army men)
3) to wait. Subjects and moments will unfold. While snapping the above army men/root combo my daughter passed out on the couch--after a complete meltdown. How could I pass that up?


P.S. One other thing I learned today: when you allow your daughter to have an Icee, Tootsie Pop, popcorn, and candy at the movie theater, there will be: fallout, consequences, payback, regret...and the conviction that it will never happen again. (Even if my husband treats us all to a movie and goo with his birthday $50 theater gift card.)

60 second lessons learned.

No comments: