Sunday, May 17, 2009

Makin' Money

Saturday: The Annual Family Garage Sale. 
Up at 6:00am. Papa's truck loaded to the max. Headin' down the highway to Uncle James and Aunt Gina's house (the prime location for a GS). Donuts waiting and change buckets ready. The goods displayed. Ready to make some money!  All this in 100 degree heat. Can you say "melt"? Here are the kids at their booth. Zach, the crazy salesman, just like his dad...could sell a single blue dirty sock to just about anybody.
 

Scott and I were thrilled that the purple Boom-Bah finally entered into the "sellable" category. The story behind it: When Michaela was two and a half I was pushing her in a cart through Target, post Christmas. There were walls of these creatures slashed to maximum clearance prices. I put one in the cart with M to occupy her and quickly discovered that it was the most annoying thing I had ever seen! Obviously I did not buy it for her.  Flash forward several months later...we were at a school carnival and Zach took all of his game winning bucks to the prize center and "bought" M this purple Boom-Bah! Oh. My. Gosh. But how could we say no to the brotherly love?
So yesterday, years later, it is sold to a random lady. No doubt it is the best 75cents she will ever spend! And with no return policy, it is out of our life, for good.
 

Story behind this: When Zach was 3 I found him ripping out some pages of this library train book. It was not in good shape to begin with so I wound up taping up the pages, plus some others that had been destroyed by other little hands. Glad I could go through all that effort...I wound up having to purchase the book for $20. Oh yes, I made sure we read that book a lot. Fortunately he loved trains.
 
All in all, a good day. Melted in the heat, but such is the sacrifice when you are makin' money.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That has to be the creepiest-looking toy I've ever seen.