Thursday, July 30, 2009

Great GrandDaughters

Lolli Bug and McFruity Bean
(Lauren and Michaela)
First cousins.
Born 4 days apart.
They were actually due on the same day, 
but Lauren was a bit anxious to meet the world.

Today...they said goodbye to their great grandmother, Oma.
Here they are standing on the stoop of Oma's house.

I'll share more later about Oma (my husband's German grandmother) and the spit fire of a great grandma that she was. We just got home from the memorial service and though I spent the last 5 hours mingling with her friends and loved ones (standing in the kitchen where she used to make her famous green jello and potato salad) it is still not real to me that she is gone. When you are a great grandmother, you are a legend. 

Every Easter and Christmas she would buy these girls dresses. Michaela has mentioned several times that she will miss Oma and her outfits. 
(I know sweetie, I will miss those frilly things too.)

Here's my niece and her beautiful green eyes. 
She's got a bit of her Oma's spunk in her for sure.


No comments: