Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Uno, Dos, Tres...

Today I met a friend after dinner and followed her three children around. 
I quickly snapped a picture of all three of them together before they took off.
Meet the most adorable 5 year old triplets...from left to right:
Megan---Carter---Anna




Ummm, Janie...she's a spittin' image of you!
You must get that a lot. :) 


So the sweetest story behind the picture below: 
As we were walking through the park, little Megan says, "I have a good idea! Let's sit on this tree branch right here and you can take our picture!" She plopped down smack in the middle of a sun puddle. I loved her excitement and creativity but was afraid to tell her that the picture might not turn out due to the extreme sun/shadow thing going on. 
Look at her! She's all lit up like something from heaven. 
This shot is straight out of my camera--not a drop of editing.


Sister Secrets...


I pulled an idea out of somewhere in my brain to bring some bubbles.
I know I owe someone somewhere credit, but this was the best thing I have ever done while taking pictures of kids. Totally occupied them and they wanted me to take a picture of every bubble. (Bubbles are hard to capture on film!)


I have this thing for catching back light. I love it when it when the light outlines a child's face. 
Love love love Carter's nose. (Janie, he's going to be a heart breaker!)


Megan's bubble...


Expressions on each of the faces...priceless.



Stand back for Carter's bubble.


After bubbles, Megan just wanted me to get a picture of her running. 
She did a few circles around us all and I seriously got dizzy.

Janie--I so loved capturing your kids today. They were truly a joy to be with.
I would do it all over again, anytime! Just call me...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...the bubbles. Looks like you may have found a new 'tradition'. Kind of like capturing yourself in Scott's glasses...capturing yourself in the bubbles. I know you could do it...you're kind of creepy good that way.

A said...

Sounds like fun and LOOKS like fun too! Carter's expression in the first photo is adorable! I also love the b&w one of the three heading down the path!

Jackie said...

You are just so good at capturing children!

Santa Monica Bred said...

these kids are so cute.

Anonymous said...

Sooo cute says their aunt from Michigan!! You've captured them beautifully.