Monday, November 16, 2009

Yeah for a new chair!





Since moving into our new house over a year ago, I have moved very slowly in the decorating department. Mainly because after years of being surrounded by white rental walls, I just am overwhelmed at the directions I can take to make my nest nifty and fun and cool. And well, it takes a bit of cash-o-la too and I am saving up for other things--like a new camera. But after setting a "home budget" a few months ago I have given myself the freedom to finally begin making some purchases. Last month it was this little chair. After seeing it in a friend's house I decided I would get it too. Totally frivolous--like I should have spent my money on a coffee table (of which I totally need) or bath mats or something practical like that--but I decided to just go for it. Today I looked like a maniac lugging this chair across the street to put it in some decent light. My daughter was eager to sit in it being that sitting in a fun chair out in the park is quite novel. 
I will probably be looking at this chair in 20 years, saying: "I don't know what I was thinking--I thought it was so cool back then."  Kinda like my mom did when she finally got rid of her god--awful avocado green living room chairs (the ones I took a gold crayon to when I was little--oops).

3 comments:

Christie Brown said...

I love this chair! What a great prop for photo shoots and for your home. Great piece! :)

Juliette said...

great chair - you can always slipcover it if you get tired of the pattern...which I don't think I ever could!

Jackie said...

I can really see you in your daughter in these pics too! Lovely :-)