Friday, February 26, 2010

Friday solo drive


One of the things I love most about where I live is that in just a few short minutes you can escape town and go sit by a lake, drive through green, horse-dotted fields, or make your way up into the mountains to walk through the redwood groves. Our city has a strict slow-growth policy and so many people live on acres, own horses and vineyards and basically live a slower, quieter life. It is one I envy.
So this morning I headed out in my car (new car, hallelujah) and traveled up behind a local reservoir. I was partially eager to get out of the house and away from work because the light was just so amazing.
It was the kind of light that comes as storm clouds are moving in: the bright sun filtered by clouds filling up with rain, and every thing lit with a subtle glow.

Here I am parked along side the road. After many attempts with the timer, these are the best shots...

 
 
While attempting to wrangle the timer into doing what I wanted it to do, it fired off a couple of completely random overexposed, blurry pictures. (Not sure why since I controlled the settings.)
I kept this one as I kinda liked it. A morning painted in pixels and textures. I'll call it, "Morning by the lake".



As I was leaving the wind kicked up and it began to sprinkle. 
As I write it is raining buckets.
Happy Friday Friends.
xoxo

4 comments:

jodie said...

mmmmm. perfect.

Umā said...

My God, it's so gorgeous there, and so green! Love the panoramic length of those first two.

Lisa Page Rosenberg said...

So beautiful...

ELK said...

i really feel the beauty of where you live in these . i like the last one sometimes the 'mistakes" just are not