Tuesday, March 30, 2010

iheartfaces oh so dramatic (and silly) bw photo

It's day two of my Silly Series and have I mentioned before that my son is TEN?  If that sounds like a broken record to you then a million apologies. But when you have a ten year old son (one that rarely makes a willing appearance in front of the lens) you too will find yourself sounding like that broken record, only because it serves as a coping mantra as you navigate the waters of TEN-ness. (He's TEN. He's TEN. He's TEN. He's TEN....)
Today my TEN year old is unaware that I have entered his mug shot into a wonderful little photo contest on iheartfaces. The theme this week was "dramatic black and white". And while I know that this may not be the penultimate black and white photo EVER in the history of man, I would like to point out that for a TEN year old, it is "dramatic" in the interpretive sense of the word.  (And, I heart his face so that's all that matters.)

Go check out all the other lovely dramatic bw's over at iheartfaces.
There are a lot of amazing photographers out there friends!


9 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally understand what you are saying! My ten year old is forever making faces like that. Your son is very cute. What a sweetie!

Susan said...

I sooo know what you're talking about. Mine just turned 10 yesterday, but before that it was the "he's 9" mantra, lol. Great shot!

stacey said...

This is a such a great picture! In fact, all of your photos are amazing! Love! Btw...How did you get this blog template? I love how it fits the whole screen and pictures are so large! Any advice you could give me would be great!

Maggie said...

Cute!!!

stacey said...

Okay, I am officially following your blog! Zeph 3:17 has been my favorite verse for years, I think it's meant to be that we "met"!

Thank you so much for your kind words on my picture and for your help on the blog questions. I actually have a little shop on Etsy, but never thought to look there for blogger templates. I'll have to check it out. I've figured out how to make my blog fit the whole screen, but no luck on the size of the pics. I'll eventually figure it out!

Looking forward to following you and seeing your lovely pictures! What kind of camera do you use?

Thanks again! -Stacey

stacey said...

YAY! You are the best. What an easy solution, thank you SO much!! I just changed the size of the pic I posted yesterday and it worked perfectly. I'm so excited! :-)

Karen at French Skinny said...

I heart this picture. I say you win:)

P.S. My mantra has been "He's 3. He's 3." Thought that might change but I guess not.

Eva said...

Thank you for the comment. Your pictures are so so so so so so so wonderful. I'm in awe.

noellemonique said...

Is it bad that some days I have to remind myself...I'm 20 i'm 20 i'm 20...when I feel like I'm still 10??? :) Great entry!!