Monday, March 29, 2010

My first theme week: The Silly Series

As I slowly uploaded pictures from the weekend I was met with silly face after silly face. Kids can be so lovely. But as I mentioned recently, something happens when they get a buzz in their funny bone. So in honor of all the silly kids I know (and I know a lot) I decided to do my first ever theme week: The Silly Series. Nice huh? And be prepared, cause I have some Sillies to share.

Monday's Silly? My favorite soon-to-be teenager sharing a moment with me on the beach...

This girl never fails me. She is always willing to give the camera some silly loooooove. Her mother is my dear friend whom I've known for the last twenty one years. When we were young and single we shared some very silly moments (some that I will keep private for now) and this girl has definitely inherited her mother's silly genes. This is why I can always count on some camera action with her when I need it. (Thanks Girl!) When I look at her I realize that she is true barometer of my aging years. I can still remember getting off a long flight from Argentina, going straight to the pay phone (yes, pay phone people) in the baggage claim and calling the hospital to hear the news that she had arrived.  Over the twelve years I have known her I have cherished: cleaning up cherry laden poopy diapers, capturing her in her ladybug costume, watching her rock climb, sharing two terrifying bear-in-our-campsite moments, watching her create beautiful artwork, and sharing laughs on inflatable rafts in fridge Lake Tahoe water. Almost thirteen years later I am a proud to be called "T".
So honored to give this girl the top Monday spot in my Silly Series.

Stay tuned for more Sillies...

xoxo

No comments: