Friday, March 26, 2010

My own little Mini Boden shoot

Earlier in the week I posted a peek of a photo shoot I did for a friend and today I'm showing y'all some of my favorites as I have gone through them during the week. I must say, these girly girls are just so beautiful and if you knew their mama like I do, then you would know that they take after her. She is one beautiful mama inside and out. And, I must also say that as I was going through the photos I felt as if I was editing a Mini Boden shoot.  (Which btw, I would seriously have fun shooting a real MB shoot. You can watch a behind the scenes video here and I think you will agree.) I am thinkin' that I should call up the people at Mini Boden and tell them that I have found the perfect models. They might not have British accents but these girls certainly look the part...

That picture above...oh my...Gerber baby watch out!

The next two pictures below have a back story: All of us adults thought that the blue "4" was super cool especially since Miss N was FOUR...and wouldn't it be cool if she could stand next to that super cool blue "4" seeing that she is the only FOUR year old in our little group? Miss N was not down on that idea. I think her mama pulled out some amazing bribe from her bribe stash because we eventually got her to creep, creep, creep up next to it.


Once she was there she cracked a smile. And then we asked her to show us how a four year old twirls.


Another "shy" moment. I love capturing the real moments cause that's what this was. Mama offering some encouragement...maybe some more bribes?


The picture above? My favorite. A passing smile caught on camera. Beautiful. (I'm calling Mini Boden.)

And then below? Little Miss A, all happy gaga and perfectly cute. The blue flower in her hair? A few years ago another friend of mine started an online baby bow boutique, Bitty Bows. She makes these amazing bows that will stay put in that fine baby hair. Miss A was her latest bow model on her website.
See, she's just that cute!


Who doesn't love a broccoli baby?


Our last stop was the chicken coop. These hens plucked around our feet and the rooster even showed off his vocal chords as we stood there. (I think it was a gentle reminder for us to step away from his girls...or else.) As we headed back to the car, the little one enjoyed a ride with mama. Watching her enjoy her thumb, nestled against her mama's chest, gave me that (slight) twinge of baby lust. I wanted a baby for ONE day, just to remember what that was like to have my own little ones held close in the comfort of my own arms, dozing off to sleep. (Woah, I'm sounding like my life is at its end am I reminiscing about the golden days. Reality check: my kids aren't that old, my youngest is 7 for goodness sakes, and those weren't the golden days--hello, no sleep.) But 'tis very true that time with your kids goes by too fast. Even though you work to cherish the moments you have at every step it still goes by in a blink. I am glad I caught that moment for my dear friend. I wish I had a picture to remind myself of that moment I had with my own. (sniff, swipe tear)


Now that I am fully melancholy and ready to go dig through the stash of old baby photos, I think I will sign off for the weekend. I need a Sabbath from my crazy week. See you on Monday blogger world...

xoxo

5 comments:

Nicole Hoefer said...

Just out of curiosity, what lens (lenses) did you use to shoot these? All so sweet. I'm sure Stacie is over the moon thrilled!

Jenny said...

i've been dying to shoot some pics of these sweet girlies! yours are pretty darn fantastic though. i think i'm about ready to start my photo blog... i'll let you know when it gets underway. that's for the inspiration! maybe one of these days i'll get to shoot with you too. :)

Mockabee Seven said...

Great job, I love these!

*jj said...

Tracy, you are SO talented. These photos are just spectacular.

noellemonique said...

These are all SOO good! Especially the full faceshots....
But, I seriously would DIE to be able to shoot a Mini Boden ad....